Thursday, May 14, 2015

Farmers Market?

Did you know, the Farmer's Market is now open on Wednesday also?

Well I sure didn't!  I was on my way walking to work on Wednesday to my job (Mucca Osteria), walking down Park Ave (I've just recently moved there, next to the Museum) and suddenly saw this!  I know it is a bit blurry because I was walking by, but seeing people huddling together under tents and browsing each others tents.  I finally realized in a quick heartbeat that it was the Farmers Market... But I thought it was only on Saturdays.  Weird right?  

Well I learned from my Chef at work (he shops local farmers markets and stores) that the Wednesday Farmer's Market opens once the weather is finally nice... as in "Spring is in the air."  It got me excited, mainly because I live right down the road from it.  But also, I've always wanted to explore the Saturdays Farmer's Market.  I guess now it's my chance.  

Mainly the Farmer's Market sells fresh produce, but sometimes you can find a small tent with samples of craft beers.  And if you're looking for amazing flowers, here's the place to go!!  They have such beautiful flower arrangements that you can find next to carrots and fennel bulbs.  

If you got sometime on Wednesday or Saturday mornings, here's a good place to do some walking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment