Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Running Events in Portland

You don't always have to run... 

People always think that signing up to a 5k run means you have to run, but most people go for the fun!  I never realized this until I've experienced one myself.  It was just recently (April 11th) that me and three of my friends had traveled to Vancouver to do a Blacklight 5k Run.  This was in the dark, where they throw colored flour on us and have UV Lights flashed at us, making us glow.  




There are some ups and downs on running... Here are some.


Me and my three Amiga at the end of the run. 

Ups:

- You can walk and not look lazy.
- Everyone around you is having fun.
- Depending on your event, there can be an after party.
- There are many people who are slower than you.
- You can enjoy yourself and go at your own pace.
- You are let to run in a group at a time (only certain amount of people released at a time)
- You won't get run over.

Downs:

- Depending on your event, shit can get in your face (I got flour thrown into my eyes!)
- You always want to hit finish line already in the first 15 minutes. 
- You try to not lose your group while running.
- You can get dirty (No really, you can! Depending on the event... My shoes were so clean but so dirty now).
- You will feel hungry after you're done... even though you probably ate 2 hours before the run.
- You will probably go home later than how long the run ends.. just because you're in the mood for some fun. 

There are multiple different run events that occurs around the PDX area.  Many people go to multiple of them, starting at a low price.  Ranges from $20- $45, depending on your package deal you want.  

Here's a website where I find most of my running events below. 

Active - Active- PDX

Enjoy and keep healthy at a fun pace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment