Monday, May 11, 2015

Korean BBQ

There isn't many Korean BBQ's located downtown, therefore, I've headed southwards to Beaverton. Beaverton has many asian inspired restaurant cuisines.  You can find Lebanese, Chinese, Thai, Korean, Japanese, and even Indian cuisines.  

If you've never experienced Korean cuisine, they usually serve your main dishes with many side dishes you can incorporate into while eating (to help balance flavors).  Along with this, Korean BBQ is raw meat that you grill up yourself on the table.  There will always be onions to help season the grill.  

DJK Korean BBQ

Location: Canyon Road, Beaverton 
Hours: Mon- Sun 11 AM - 9:30 PM
My Story: DJK Korean BBQ is very family oriented.  They are very friendly with a spacious ambiance.  Korean can't go wrong when you're having BBQ.  We also ordered a side of Tempura Vegetables and Spicy Squid.  Though I always had a problem with the portion sizing on rice in every Korean Restaurant (I eat everything with rice), I'm never afraid to ask for more!  I mean, look at the size of the bowl... it's only big enough to fit my hand!  Besides the portion of rice because of my gluttonous behavior, it is always great!  The meat itself I don't believe it is seasoned, but already just fatty enough to give itself flavor.  They serve a variety of Korean BBQ menu, in example, if you're only eating for 2, or a party of 6, they have different meat varieties that comes in batches.  From Grilled Rib Eyes to sliced Beef Tongue, it is all amazing.

Sample Menu:
Beef Teriyaki (pan fried beef) - 12.95
Japchae (potato noodles stir fried with beef, onion, carrot, onion, mushroom and green onions) - 12.95
Haemul Pajeon (squid, mussel, shrimp and green onion pancake) - 12.95 
Hyumit Gui (thin slices of beef tongue) - 17.95

Facebook: DJK Korean BBQ

New Seoul Garden

Location: Canyon Road, Beaverton
Hours: Mon-Sat 11 AM - 11 PM, Sun 12 PM - 9 PM
My Story: New Seoul is very authentic compared to most places I've been to.  The lady's always speak Korean to me and my sister because they think we're Korean... but obviously catches it real quick and speaks to us in broken English.  The reason why the feel is more authentic is because of how much smaller the spacing is and the limited amount of seatings.  It isn't horribly tiny, but hard to enjoy when it's crowded.  
This time, we didn't order our Korean BBQ, but I've ordered a side of Spicy Squid again, along with Spicy Pork slices.  Of course, many side dishes to accompany us.  The main reason why I come to this restaurant is because of their Buckwheat Tea.  It is very refreshing and always have me enjoying it, even if its hot or cold (the weather and tea).  

When I went for another round, we've ordered beef rib slices.  This is the most popular because of how thinly sliced it is, it cooks fairly quick, with a great soy-sauce savory flavor.  
My Sister cooking for me

Sample Menu: 
Bulgogi (marinated beef pan fried) - 15.95
Seafood Pancake (sea food mixed with scallions in batter) - 10.95
Beef Bibimbap (rice topped with beef, mixed vegetables, and an egg on top) - 12.95

Facebook: New Seoul Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment